1. What is the process?
We take all of your contact and basic information during your initial phone call to 4W Construction. We would like as much detail as possible about your renovation project, including how far along you are in the process.
2. Where do I start if I want to renovate my home?
First, determine what you want, then establish what you need. Decide how much money you are comfortable spending on your renovation and what all your options are. For example, option one may be to raise your home; option two might be to add space above or to the front or back of your home; option three might involve the redesign of your existing space; option four could be to update and modernize your home; and option five might be to add environmental efficiencies, such as new windows.
3. What can 4W Construction do for me?
As a full service home renovation company, 4W Construction can do everything required for you to have a successful renovation, from pre-design, design, construction and beyond.
4. Do you give free estimates?
Yes, there is no charge for your initial estimation request with 4W Construction. We usually don’t just come out to estimate cost because it is virtually impossible to give a proper estimate without some degree of preliminary work.
5. What types of people will be working on our home?
All of the individuals employed by 4W Construction are construction professionals. Our employees currently average 12 years with the company. Several of our employees have been with us for over twenty years.
6. Can I make changes during the construction phase of the renovation?
This is never the ideal but is always possible. The homeowner is the boss and if something needs to change during construction we can make it happen.
7. Who will supervise my job?
Depending on the scope of the project, there are a number of 4W Construction supervisory personnel that may be assigned to your whole job, or just different portions of it. All supervisors will be introduced to you as they become involved with your project.
8. Does 4W Construction have its own staff or does the company hire carpenters and sub-trades to complete the work?
4W Construction employs highly-trained carpenters with structural expertise. We have apprentices of all levels, carpenters assistants and laborers, as well as a full design team and office support staff.
9. How long before work can start?
After plans are conceived, and permits have been issued, work can usually begin within two weeks
10. Why does 4W Construction spend so much time refining the budget and planning if I just want a simple renovation?
A simple renovation is only simple when it is well planned.
11. Can I live in my home during the renovation?
Yes. We can limit the disruption and mess if you are living in the home through the construction phase.
12. How do I set an appointment?
You can either fill out the form on our Contact Us page and have someone call or e-mail you, or you can call us at 732-773-7744.
13. Why is it important for me to have a budget in mind before I start the renovation and/or 4W Construction comes to view my home?
4W Construction can design and construct to fit almost any budget. It saves time and money to have a rough idea of what you are able to spend on a renovation. This number changes as you progress through the design phase, particularly as you add or remove options depending on their cost and feasibility.